Minimum 3 learning hours
The purpose of training delivered against this standard is to provide candidates with an understanding of the risks of exposure to asbestos and how to avoid work which may disturb asbestos-containing materials.The scope includes:
- The properties of asbestos and its effects on health
- The types, uses and likely occurrence of asbestos and asbestos containing materials (ACMs) in buildings and plant
- How to avoid the risk of exposure to asbestos
- The distinction between licencable work and non-licensed work (notifiable and non-notifiable)
- The procedures to follow with the discovery of asbestos containing materials
- The general procedures to deal with an emergency, such as an uncontrolled release of asbestos dust into the workplace.
Training delivered against this standard will not prepare candidates to carry out work with asbestos-containing materials.
E-learning - Internet, PC or Tablet - Please note this is not suitable for mobile use